When I initially looked at this textbook, I was disappointed that Statistics Freedman 4th Edition has the least extensive number of statistical tests described. There is only a passing mention of Fisher's exact test, no logistic regression, etc. However the examples are by far the best I've seen in any textbook (even non statistics books) and they are very helpful in understanding statistical pitfalls. They make you think more than most advanced texts. The clarity of writing is superb. Since many statistical problems are due to the setup and reasoning of studies, rather than picking the wrong text, this textbook will go far to enable the reader to more critically understand the methodology of studies.
Product Details
Hardcover: 720 pages
Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company; 4th edition (February 13, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0393929728
ISBN-13: 978-0393929720
Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.6 x 10.1 inches
Statistics Freedman 4th Edition
No comments:
Post a Comment